M.E.R.C.I.: $1,420,000 comprehensive campaign
A comprehensive campaign for our students to learn, explore, practice and perform in expanded facilities that will set Ecole Bilingue apart from the other schools in the region.
• To provide families seeking an early start for putting their children on a pathway to global citizenship with a structured French curriculum in a nurturing environment.
• To provide our students a pathway to global citizenship by developing a deep appreciation and mastery of the languages and cultures of France, America, and the world.
• The definition of a world-class education
As we look forward to the future we must be prepared to adapt to the needs of our students, equipping them with the knowledge and skills needed for success in an increasingly interconnected world. It was the long term goal of Ecole Bilingue?s Board of Directors to consolidate the campuses and grow the school. In furtherance of this goal, Ecole Bilingue has embarked in a long term lease with the Parish of St. Stephens for all three main buildings. The Rectory across the street from the General Pershing Campus will be renovated to house additional classroom space for the middle school, a dedicated library, a science lab and art/music room as well as several multipurpose rooms. Renovating the rectory and making strategic upgrades to the current facility will be one of the great resources in the school’s ability to meet the needs of our current and future students.
The renovation and strategic upgrades project is an investment in the school’s ability to recruit highly qualified, excellent faculty and the exceptional students they serve. Ecole Bilingue is constantly striving to create and promote a challenging learning environment that inspires our children to be life long learners. Ecole Bilingue plans to have all renovations of its leased facilities complete by 2017.
View the complete details of the M.E.R.C.I. Campaign by downloading the white papers / PDFs below :
M.E.R.C.I. Campaign Committee
- Monique Coleman, Co-Chair
- Polly Hardie, Co-Chair
- Crickett Lapeyre
- Kyly Larriviere
- Kathryn LeMieux
- Amy Powe
- Sydney Randle
- Matesa Gago, Board of Directors Liaison
Ecole Bilingue Board of Directors
- Joel Vilmenay, President
- Polly Hardie, Vice President
- Ann-Gwin Duval, Secretary
- Cathy Green, Treasurer
- Matesa Gago, Member
- Michael DeGruy, Member
- Gary J. Mannina, Member
- Amber Howell, Member
- Jake Hayes, Member
- Duane Nettles, Past President
- Andrew Lapeyre, Honorary Member
- Julie Fabian, President Emeritus
- Andrew Lapeyre, Treasurer